Pattern: Red Panda Amigurumi

A 5″ tall amigurumi of a red panda.

The pattern is available on Ravelry and on Etsy.

Let me just point out the fact that yes, I know it’s stupid to choose to revamp old patterns over making new ones, but I’m not feeling creative enough to make new stuff and all the old stuff is just sitting there looking all stupid and ugly.

Anyway, this one is not too much of a difference, mainly just getting rid of the felt face. Because felt is evil. Let’s compare:

pandaBoth

Changes:
– Replaced the felt mask with yarn
– Used dark grey yarn for the nose instead of crochet thread
– Shortened the arms
– Slightly adjusted the ear pattern
– Used different, less janky orange yarn

I am now going to continue not making new patterns and instead use this pattern with grey yarn to create a ring-tailed lemur. I’m a horrible person.

I’ve also updated the Yoshi pattern and it looks super cute now so that may be up sometime in the future. I do actually have a couple new patterns but I have to make them again because I sold the originals before taking pictures. :\
(Reminder, you can find all my old patterns on my old blog)
I’m debating whether I want to put one of the new patterns up for sale or if I should put it up for Free Pattern Friday. So possible FPF this week? Your guess is as good as mine.

 

Pattern: Popplio Amigurumi

A 4″ tall amigurumi of the Pokemon Popplio.

The pattern is available on Ravelry and on Etsy.

So this pattern sucked. I mean, not the pattern itself, but the execution was terrible. Just look at that thing (or don’t; spare your eyes). Besides the horrible lighting it’s just so….bad. I made it a point when practicing my new style to redo this so I could put the pattern back on my Etsy shop because I took it down due to it being ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS.

popplioBoth

Ahhh, much better!

Changes:
– Removed the godawful felt eyes (I’m making it a point to exclusively use yarn in my amigurumi now, no felt allowed)
– Made new eye pattern
– Simplified/ tweaked most of the body parts
– Replaced black yarn with dark grey yarn

The changes to the actual pattern were minor; mostly just shrinking some things a bit. The old one measured 6″ tall, while the new one measures just over 4″ tall. Again, this is because I’ve switched from using worsted weight yarn with an E hook to sport weight yarn with a C hook.

I’ve started on fixing up Rowlet, which isn’t too bad, but I don’t have the energy yet to tackle Litten. It’s just disgusting. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Get the pattern on Ravelry or Etsy.

Pattern: Maneki-Neko Amigurumi

A 4″ tall amigurumi of a maneki-neko or beckoning cat.

The pattern is available on Ravelry and on Etsy.

I don’t really know what to say because I already made a post for this pattern on my old blog, but that’s going to be irrelevant soon so here’s a brief summary:

I realized I’ve been crocheting kinda wrong (more details on that later) and I recently switched from using worsted weight yarn with an E hook to sport weight yarn with a C hook. In order to practice with my new style I decided to go back and redo some of my older patterns that I’m less than happy with. This is the first pattern I’ve uploaded made with these new adaptations. The old version measured 5.5″ tall while this one measures 4″ tall.

Here’s a comparison pic:

nekoBoth

Changes:
No changes to the actual pattern were made
– Used different colors of white, green, and yellow
– Removed claw lines on hands and feet
– Added paw pads to feet
– Added nose
– Replaced black yarn with dark grey yarn
– Moved right whiskers onto the orange eye patch
– Swapped out 12mm safety eyes for 9mm safety eyes

Get the pattern on Ravelry or Etsy.