A 4″ tall amigurumi of a maneki-neko or beckoning cat.
I don’t really know what to say because I already made a post for this pattern on my old blog, but that’s going to be irrelevant soon so here’s a brief summary:
I realized I’ve been crocheting kinda wrong (more details on that later) and I recently switched from using worsted weight yarn with an E hook to sport weight yarn with a C hook. In order to practice with my new style I decided to go back and redo some of my older patterns that I’m less than happy with. This is the first pattern I’ve uploaded made with these new adaptations. The old version measured 5.5″ tall while this one measures 4″ tall.
Here’s a comparison pic:
No changes to the actual pattern were made
– Used different colors of white, green, and yellow
– Removed claw lines on hands and feet
– Added paw pads to feet
– Added nose
– Replaced black yarn with dark grey yarn
– Moved right whiskers onto the orange eye patch
– Swapped out 12mm safety eyes for 9mm safety eyes